Monday, March 23, 2009

Karen Montenaro and Mime

When I was just a little older than Grace I went to a 2 week summer camp at the Celebration Barn Theater in South Paris (they still offer tons of classes and performances, but I don't think they have a summer camp anymore). I don't remember if Tony Montenaro was there, but I do remember Sam Kilbourne and Randy Judkins and a magically creative summer. I remember my parents being so amazed at the talented adults working at this program, while us kids just took them for granted. Now I'm that amazed adult, so grateful that FSP kids get the opportunity to dig into a creative arts experience that even culminates in a performance. I'll be looking backward and forward on Friday night (kids in grades 3-5 need to be there @ 5:30 / show starts at 6!)... thank you FSP for making this happen!
(see the youtube side bar for some images of Karen... she is so cool!)