See http://www.outingclubfall2012.eventbrite.com to register!!!
Friends School Outing Club welcomes children from 3rd grade on to participate in outdoor adventures with Nicole, parents and families. (Younger siblings may join in with a parent, and families from FSP are invited to join the spring camping trip as well.)
Parent Volunteers are vital to the fun and success of OC! Please come to activities and on trips whenever possible!
2012-2013 highlights: most activities will take place on Wednesdays (typically 1x a month) - Rock Climbing happens on Fridays; participation in the Harvest Dinner fundraiser is required of all members; 3 trips will be offered. Parents are again welcome to suggest additional hikes and activities!
The fee for outing club membership is $125.00, however no student will be turned away because of finances - please talk with Nicole to make alternative arrangements. Siblings may join in activities at a cost of $10.00 per activity - adult costs for trips yet to be determined. Payment may be made online (there will be a service fee) or at the 9/12 orientation meeting - cash or checks made out to Lise Wagner (treasurer of Outing Club). Payment MUST be made by the Harvest Dinner (10/26) for a child to be considered an outing club member.
All activities must be signed up for online - even if a child is a member. Sign-ups are 1st come/ 1st served for van transportation - if the activity is full parents may arrange for carpooling or may accompany their child on any activity!
- Wed., September 12th- Brief (15 minute) organizing meeting for the Outing Club
- Wed., September 19th- Hike Bradbury Mt. (Pownal)
- Sat.- Sun., September 29th and 30th- Rangeley State Park Tenting and Hiking
- Wed., October 17th- Mt. Biking at Quarry Run Park (Portland)
- Fri., October 26th- Harvest Dinner
- Wed., November 7th Art in Nature: Bring your camera/ sketchbook/
paints etc. with us to The Falmouth Audubon for an afternoon of art in
- Fri., December 7th- Climb at the Maine Rock Gym (early release day) (Portland)
- Wed., January 16th- Snowshoe/Sled on Mackworth (Falmouth)
- Wed., February 13th- Ice Skating at Family Ice (Falmouth)
- Sat.- Sun., March 1st and 2nd- Winter Hut Trip
- Fri., March 22nd- Climb at Maine Rock Gym (early release day) (Portland)
- Wed., April 10th- Presumpscot Falls Hike (Falmouth)
- Wed., May 15th Prout's Neck Beach Exploration (Scarborough)
- Sat.- Sun., June 1st and 2nd- Spring Camping Trip