Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chewonki Reflections (2010) - 3rd & 4th graders

  • I could teach people the tips of lighting fire
  • I never knew I could finish a ropes course - It was really hard but I did it!! 
  • That I can share new games with my family, like crab tag
  • I learned how to cook food over a fire
  • I learned that I could sleep well in a Yurt
  • I learned that I love adventures 
  • I learned that sometimes it's good to go out of your comfort zone because sometimes you end up having a lot of fun even if you are a little bit nervous
  • I learned that I can face my fears... I learned that Chewonki inspires kids to challenge themselves and learn something new every day and I encourage other kids to do the same
  • I was more brave than I knew
  • I learned that by using a clothes line, I can save the earth 
  • I learned that I can climb things that I never knew I could 
  • I didn't know that I was so good with matches, lighting fires, and chopping wood.  I also didn't know I was so good with heights and going out of my comfort zone.