Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hunger Games

These books look too scary for me, but I know some older middle schoolers might be reading them...

Celebrate National Library Week, April 10-16, 2011
Theme:  Create your own story @ your library
 
 suzanne collins 
SPECIAL EVENT FOR YOUNG ADULTS
Meet Kate Egan
  Editor of THE HUNGER GAMES Trilogy
Tuesday, April 12
6:30 - 7:30 pm
Kate Egan has worked in children's publishing for more than fifteen years, as an editor and an author of paperbacks and hardcovers, fiction and nonfiction, for readers of all ages. She is the editor of the Hunger Games trilogy and the author of the forthcoming picture book Kate and Nate Are Running Late, among many other titles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim - my friend's 12 year old boy LOVED this series and so did she! Helen

Maya said...

I read the first one last year and was horrified. Cecilia and her bookish friends have read all three and LOVED them. Go figure. It's a mother thing - once you have kids you can't do death and dismemberment. When I was 12 I loved war novels and concentration camp stuff.