* A parent who wondered why we give so much more attention to books than math created "Bedtime Math" - fun problems for kids on a daily basis. You can check the blog or sign up to get problems via email.
* As a bridge, check out the Bank Street Cook Prize "the only national children's choice award honoring the best science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) picture book for children." While on the page, check out their lists of "best books of 2011"
* Winner of EB White Read-Aloud and Indie Book Awards announced - time to MaineCat some of these books!
And, if book buying is in the cards:
* Save 26% + free shipping on orders over $10 Use source code 2012April at checkout and save on leeandlow.com. Offer Expires: 4/18/12
Lee & Low Books is an independent children's book publisher specializing diversity. It is our goal to meet the need for stories that all children can identify with and enjoy.
* If all that reading (and math) stimulates an interest in writing, consider submitting to the Portland Public Library's Poetry Contest or check out the amazing offerings from the Telling Room.
Finally, for those with younger kids, check out these awesome April Vacation activity: