As our children's first and most important teachers, parents have an important opportunity to start building pathways to kindness and compassion for people, animals, and the earth, starting when children are very young.
To help nurture compassionate children, there's a lot we can do, including:
- model a message of compassion for our families;
- build reverence through daily observation and connection with the natural world;
- read and tell stories that show compassion and care for others;
- gently guide their choices & help them think critically;
- provide them with opportunities to help others.
Amy Morley, Director of Operations
Institute for Humane Education
M.Ed., M.A., & Graduate Certificate in Humane Education · Workshops Online Courses · Free Resources